Share your story for a chance to win £100.
Closing date Sunday 30th September 2018.
Your mind is about more than fact retention, and solving puzzles. Show us the breadth of your creativity, the scope of your imagination. Tell the tale that only you can, and you could be rewarded with a £100 cash prize.
This contest is open exclusively to members from our region, and the winner takes not only the prize, but will have their story featured on the Mensa North West website, and in our regional newsletter.
There's no entry fee, no word-count, no specified topic - deliver the tale you want to tell, however you feel it should be told.
How to enter:
Email your entry, along with your name and membership number, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some inspiration?
Everyone finds inspiration in a different way, but for a collection of simple exercises and tools, why not try writingexercises.co.uk?
Brian Page – Brian is the editor of Mensa Magazine, and a self-proclaimed short-story enthusiast. He has published several books, including the short-story collection ‘Somewhere up North’.
Mike Cummins - Mike is best known to Mensans as the editor of NOW, the Northwest regional newsletter. He has written and produced several low budget movies and holds a Master's degree in screenwriting. Mike is currently editing the second draft of a novel and conducting doctorial research into the impact of social technology on fiction writers and their work.
James H. Oldfield – James is the resident poet for NOW, and has been published in three poetic anthologies. He is currently in the final stages of publishing his first two solo endeavours.
Terms and Conditions
- The contest is open exclusively to current members of Mensa North West.
- The closing date for this contest is midnight on 30th September 2018. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- Entries must submitted by email, to email@example.com. No other submission methods will be accepted.
- Entries are judged anonymously, and the author’s name should not appear within the story itself.
- All entires must be the original, previously unpublished work of the author (including on any website, public blog, online forum or broadcast medium). Please note all entries will be checked. Ownership remains with the author always. SaveAs Writers will not assume any share in copyright.
- Entries should be written principally in English; incidental foreign words/phrases and the use of regional variants are permitted. No alterations may be made to a short story once it has been submitted.
- Short stories will be judged by Mike Cummins, Brian Page and James H. Oldfield. The judges’ decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by email, and announced in the January edition of NOW.
- The winning entry, and a selection of commended pieces, will be published indefinitely on the mensanorthwest.com website. The winning story, or an excerpt, will also be printed in NOW. Entering the contest gives Mensa North West permission to publish your entry in this way.